Loan Underwriting Analyst GS-1101-09 (Targeted 11)
US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
About the organization
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Office of Multifamily Housing has transitioned to a new business model. To balance the workload and ensure effectiveness of the new model, HUD is seeking talented, career driven professionals that are pursuing a challenging and rewarding career within the federal government. Multifamily Housing staff work with private sector owners and developers of apartments complexes to create safe, healthy, and affordable living conditions to over 1.4 million Americans at over 23,000 properties. At HUD you can build a career in real estate development and property asset management.
As an Underwriter Analyst, you will:
- Be responsible for screening, financial and quantitative analysis, review of third party technical reports and lender applications for multifamily mortgage insurance submitted under various programs.
- Assist Underwriters in evaluating risk, coordinating processing, managing communications and expectations of lenders, and technical reviews necessary for FHA multifamily production.
- Assist Underwriters in managing the efficient and effective coordination and accomplishment of planning, scoping, development design, construction, supporting the operation of major multifamily insured projects.
- Serve as a technical resource staff person to provide analysis of matters pertaining to statutory and regulatory requirements and other administrative directives.
- Assist Underwriting staff with assigned projects, overall application, processing, construction, closing, management control, coordination and execution in accordance with HUD's published guidelines and guidance.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-09, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
Financial analysis using spreadsheet software (such as Excel) to evaluate data in support of loan, grant or real estate transaction requests, or mortgages; OR
Technical analysis related to government or foundation funded programs
You may substitute education for general or specialized experience as follows: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education.
Please check location pay scale: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2020/general-schedule/
Please send an application package via email as described below to [email protected], with the subject line Multifamily – Job Title – Applicant Name.
Within in the response email list the job title(s) and location(s) you are interested in. Attach a PDF file with documents in this order:
2. DOS or other NCE Certification
3. List of 3 references
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?