Loan Specialist (Commercial) - Virtual
About the organization
Are you excited by the idea of helping to support $39 billion in small business financing and setting proper conditions to stimulate America's economic growth? SBA has been a leader in small business development for more than 60 years. In an increasingly globalized economy, we tackle challenges confronted by the small business community across geographic boundaries. Although times have changed since the SBA was founded in 1953, the Agency's mission-to promote the growth of small business-has not. Today, SBA is more vital than ever. We work in collaboration with partner organizations and using cutting-edge technologies and well-tested best practices to multiply our impact on small businesses.
Appointment type - Temporary - 1 year
Many vacancies in the following location: Location Negotiable After Selection, United States
This position is being filled in response to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.As a Loan Specialist you will perform the following duties:
- Conduct a comprehensive guaranty purchase review of the participant lender's 7(a) loan making, closing, servicing and liquidation activities.
- Gather and review relevant facts and data to ensure maximum recovery to the agency and mitigate harm and loss to the agency.
- Oversee and monitor the participant lender's actions with regard to a variety of liquidation activities to include taking possession, inventorying and protecting collateral; obtaining necessary appraisals; determining the method of disposal and determining when abandonment of collateral is in the best interest of the agency.
- Review and recommend actions as appropriate on participant lender's loan compromise recommendations where settlement for less than the amount is due is in the best interest of the agency.
- Review participant lender's assertion that they have exhausted all liquidation efforts and that the loan is ready to be charged off
GS-12: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks: liquidate collateral and assets for all types of loans; and provide financial counseling and guidance to customers related to loan payments; and recommend various liquidation actions; and analyze financial statements; and review and recommend action as appropriate on participant lender's loan compromise.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's Qualifications web site:
Loan Specialist Series; GS-1165
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
$76,721 to $112,240 per year
Contact email: [email protected]
Please see link to application for additional information.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job