Livelihoods and Empowerment Fundraising Consultant
About the organization
Aspire International targets the untapped potential of the Middle East’s greatest resource – its people. They face a stifling lack of opportunity due to chronic unemployment and cultural barriers, especially for women & youth.
Since 2010 our team has implemented livelihoods, empowerment, & human rights programming in almost every governorate of Iraq & the KRI. Our model is centered on the use of local people, partners, & purchases wherever possible. This approach is cost effective, supports the local economy, & permits easy access to communities with nominal security concerns. It also ensures that our projects receive local buy-in, and are appropriate to the local cultural context. This has enabled us to tackle highly sensitive rights and empowerment issues such as women’s rights and combating gender-based violence. We serve all in need, with a special focus on women and girls as the most effective investment in the future of their communities.
The consultancy will be for an initial period of six months with a view to extension pending progress to securing the first major grants and donations on a 6-9 month time horizon. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Identify funding opportunities for Aspire’s livelihoods and empowerment programs from: foundations; corporations/CSR; institutional donors; and major individual donors.
- Develop Aspire’s relationships across these four categories.
- In coordination with Aspire staff, plan, develop and submit funding proposals and grant applications.
- Secure major grants and donations.
- Spot additional fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organization’s work
- External fundraising consultant with extensive proven experience of putting together and packaging high quality fundraising proposals and grant applications.
- Proven track record of securing grants and donations for livelihoods and empowerment programming a must.
- A minimum of five years experience in fundraising.
- Have an interest in, and commitment to, Aspire’s cause, and a passion for selling it.
- Ability to research, identify and assess potential funding opportunities for Aspire amongst institutional donors, trusts, foundations, corporations and major individual givers to diversify and increase revenue streams.
- Must be adept at people management, building long-term relationships for Aspire with potential donors
- Good communicator with the ability to persuasively explain Aspire’s cause.
- Existing network of contacts and established working relationships with Foundations, corporations, institutions and major individual donors.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as effectively within a team.
- Ability to provide references, ideally within relevant professional sector and geographical areas.
- Previous experience in the MENA region a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM a plus.
- Ability to meet face to face in Washington DC where necessary a plus.
Contact email: [email protected]
Qualified candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and sample of work to "[email protected]" and include "Livelihoods and Empowerment Fundraising Consultant" in the email subject. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. Aspire International is only able to contact candidates of interest.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply