Camphill Village USA, Inc.
About the organization
Do you want to have a more sustainable lifestyle and care for the earth?
Camphill Village is situated on 615 acres of wooded hills, gardens and pastures in upstate New York. Volunteers live in extended family style homes along with adults with developmental differences and everyone contributes in a way that is meaningful to them.
Volunteers at Camphill Village Copake gain practical skills such as biodynamic and organic gardening, farming, baking, crafting, woodworking and basic homesteading skills. Volunteers join our community from around the world for at least one year and sometimes longer.
Volunteers are responsible for supporting people with developmental differences in their activities of daily living and to integrate actively into the house community. This could include:
• Personal care
• Cooking meals
• Cleaning common spaces
• Emotional support
• Joining housemates in social outings
• Participating in house meetings
• Supporting workplaces around the village
• Must be 18 years or older
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to perform well in an environment that requires compassion, helpfulness, patience and
• Willingness to learn and take responsibility
• Must pass a background check
• Monthly allowance for incidental expenses
• Medical insurance from arrival until departure
• Free room and board (private room in a community house)
• 3 weeks of paid vacation
• Student Loan payments ($250-$500/month)
• Toiletries and daily living items
• Daily organic, fresh meals
• One full day off during the week
Monthly stipend, medical insurance, free room and board
Contact email: [email protected]
Immediate openings available or apply now for a position beginning in the summer.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job