About the organization
Mary’s Place provides safe and inclusive shelter and services for women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness. We operate a women’s day center and several 24x7 family centers/shelters in King County. We serve hundreds of families–moms, dads, and children–providing a safe place for them to be inside and together at night, along with food, showers, clothing, and access to housing and employment resources. We believe that no one’s child should sleep outside.
Valuing diversity and championing equity are core values at Mary’s Place. Mary’s Place is an equal opportunity employer with a culturally diverse work environment and a commitment to social justice.
• Assist Kitchen Manager in daily planning and preparation of meals for up to 700-1,000 guests for distribution to all Mary’s Place locations
• Maintain production schedule for meal preparation to ensure timely delivery departure of meals from Central Kitchen
• Manage daily clean-up, sanitation and cleaning schedules in kitchen including associated paperwork, logs and entries
• Provide support to the operations staff as directed
• Ensure that the Mary's Place kitchen is compliant with and exceeds standard health and safety regulations
• Support, promote, and adhere to vision, mission, and values of Mary’s Place
• 3-5 years institutional and restaurant experience, as well as a good working knowledge of all food preparation and production standards including sanitation safety standards
• Experience in a fast-paced kitchen and batch cooking
• Working knowledge of all commercial grade kitchen equipment
• Strong communication skills, flexibility and willingness to shift priorities as needed
• Ability to interact effectively as a team member
• Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
• Food Handler permit required; serve safe training preferred (must acquire within 30 days of hire)
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
16.50 - 18.50
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply for this opportunity, please email resume to [email protected] No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job