About the organization
The Mountain Association invests in people and places in Eastern Kentucky to advance a just transition to a new economy that is more diverse, sustainable, equitable and resilient. Our Lending team offers loans to existing and startup businesses and organizations. We are a Community Development Financial Institution and a nonprofit, so we can offer greater flexibility and lend to those who may not otherwise qualify. Our Business Support program connects business owners and nonprofit leaders to consultants who can help them succeed. Our Energy experts help businesses, nonprofits, public agencies and homeowners find much-needed energy savings through utility bill analysis, on-site energy efficiency and solar assessments, financing and grant application support.
The Mountain Association also engages in research, communications and advocacy for policy and narrative change, and works with partners on a variety of projects to demonstrate what’s possible in Eastern Kentucky.
Position is flexible between offices in Berea, Hazard and Paintsville, Kentucky.
The Mountain Association is looking for a highly motivated individual to join its Lending Team as a Lending Specialist. The Lending Specialist will engage in loan underwriting, present potential deals to staff and loan committee, perform necessary reporting and administrative functions, identify potential community economic development projects, work directly with entrepreneurs, assessing business viability, contribute to evolving strategy development and learning and develop strong local relationships.
For full job duties, please visit: https://mtassociation.org/careers/
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics
Knowledge and experience:
• B.A. or B.S. in business, accounting or related field or three years of experience and demonstrated success with lending to small businesses
• Two years of experience and demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following or a related field:
o small business management
o nonprofit program management
o community economic development
o leadership and/or professional development
• Experience in and knowledge of small business, entrepreneurship, organizational development or management.
• Experience mentoring, training and/or teaching.
• Committed to the Mountain Association’s vision, mission and values.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and execute successful projects such as those described in the responsibilities above.
• Willingness to travel for day and occasional overnight stays within the region.
• And more.
Technology + software:
• Strong computer skills, in particular spreadsheets and word processing.
• Strong writing skills and the ability to write clearly for a general audience.
• Strong group facilitation skills and public speaking experience.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the capacity to work constructively in teams.
• Close vision with or without corrective lenses necessary for computer work; manual dexterity needed to operate
This full-time position offers a competitive salary based on experience, with a generous benefits package. Potential candidates can inquire about the salary range by emailing [email protected] This position’s location is flexible between the Mountain Association’s offices in Berea, Paintsville, and Hazard, Kentucky. The Mountain Association is an equal opportunity employer. The Mountain Association is committed to principles of diversity and equity and encourages applications from all people.
Please e-mail your resume, contact information for three references and a cover letter specifically explaining why you are a good fit for this position to [email protected] Application review will begin on September 22nd and continue on a rolling basis until position is filled. The interview process will be conducted according to public health guidelines during the COVID-19 emergency, including the likelihood of remote interviews. Like most of
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job