Legal Assistant I
Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney's Office
About the organization
The Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney's Office prosecutes misdemeanor and felony crimes throughout the county. Our office works diligently to seek justice for crime victims, enforce the rights of children entitled to child support, and serve as legal representative for Thurston County Government.
The Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney's Office is looking for a part-time (0.5 FTE) Legal Assistant I professional to join their Criminal Division. The successful candidate will have excellent technical skills and proficiency in a legal environment and will serve as a primary customer service representative.
The primary duties and responsibilities include monitoring and downloading digital discovery. May include assistance to the public, including attorneys, law enforcement, and court and community agencies by answering inquiries and explaining the detailed regulations, procedures and complex requirements of the legal or judicial process. In order to determine the nature and urgency of requests, screens and refers telephone calls and inquires, and reads and routes incoming mail to the appropriate office or person. Responds to questions and provides answers to the public accessing readily available information from office records and in accordance with regulations on public records and confidentiality.
Additional responsibilities included in the job posting link.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Associate degree in legal assistant or paralegal studies, or legal-related studies, and/or Paralegal certificate from an accredited program. Or, two (2) years of progressively responsible customer service experience in a court or legal office environment; Or any combination of education and relevant experience which demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to type 55 words per minute.
- Current Washington State Driver's license, or have requested and obtained an appropriate accommodation, may be required.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, forms, policies & techniques; general office practices and procedures; appropriate business & legal grammar; word processing and database applications; operation of general office equipment such as copiers, faxes, telephones, personal computers.
- Knowledge of scanning/imaging equipment and case management software is highly desired.
- The ability to word process legal documents with few errors; communicate effectively orally and in writing; operate general office equipment; and accomplish work within established timeframes. Ability to adhere to prescribed office routines; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, public officials, & the general public and;
- Maintain a neat appearance & professional demeanor toward the public and fellow employees with stong interpersonal skills
$1,818.50 - $2,418.50 Monthly
Contact email: [email protected]
Items required for consideration:
- Letter of Interest
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job