Learning Lab Tutor (Part-Time)
About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
2. Maintains a blended classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and individual academic level of the students.
3. Contacts students daily by phone, text or email to encourage daily attendance and engagement.
4. Provides attendance/engagement numbers to Office Manager twice daily at 11:00am and 2:00pm.
5. Follows the Distance Learning platform and computer lab policies while adhering to our governing district’s education regulations.
6. Maintains the computer lab, while teaching and monitoring classes using a variety of instructional strategies and materials.
7. Organizes computer lab class signage, assists with student sign-on, assigns lessons, and conducts assessments, testing, and final exams as required.
8. Tracks course completions and assigns new courses to students after a class has been successfully completed.
1. Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university is required.
2. Experience in adult education and/or with at-risk youth.
3. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
4. Experience with Microsoft Office software.
5. Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish and/or English Arabic is preferred.
6. Ability to interact with students, parents and staff in a positive and productive manner.
7. Ability to effectively educate and manage students from varying backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
8. Experience in effectively handling conflict.
9. Valid Michigan Driver’s License. Incumbent must also have reliable means of transportation to travel to various locations outside of the office.
Contact email: [email protected]
TO VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE VISIT WEBSITE.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job