Learning & Development Fellow
Babban Gona Farmer Services
About the organization
Babban Gona (“Great Farm”) is a rapidly scaling social enterprise, with a mission to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job creation engine for unemployed youth. We do this by offering a suite of services to rural, smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. Our services include providing financial credit, low-cost high quality inputs, ongoing training on best agronomy practices, and providing storage and marketing services to maximize farmers’ profits. In 8 years, BG has helped over 65,000 smallholder farmers increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x to 3x the national average. Our goal is to serve 1,000,000 smallholder farmers in 2025.
One of our core values at Babban Gona is continuous learning. To enable the business grow, it is critical that we constantly provide our team members with opportunities for learning and development. We have created the Babban Gona Leadership Institute (BGLI) with dedicated team members that provide in-house training to full-time staff, contract staff as well as our ~20,000 farmer members across the organization.
As we grow, we need to ensure that our capacity building approach is scalable, sustainable and impactful to our stakeholders. Our L&D Fellow will be responsible for shaping and executing our Learning and Development strategy across the organization. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Refine our training strategy across very different stakeholder groups – Full-time employees, contract staff and farmer members.
● Develop needs assessment framework, customized to each individual’s needs – both functional and soft skills gaps.
● Create new, relevant content to address the specific competencies.
● Source relevant content and course material from external providers.
● Prepare a targeted course curriculum designed to address individual needs.
● Evaluate, select and manage an appropriate Learning Management Platform (LMS).
● Track and report training impact on work performance.
● Drive constant improvement across modules.
● Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, Education or a related discipline.
● Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word & Excel)
● Strong project coordination skills coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Obsessive attention to detail, positive attitude and a constant willingness to learn
● Passionate, driven individual with an ability to achieve results through teamwork and collaborative approaches
● Minimum of two (2) years' full-time work experience
● Fluency in written and spoken English
● Adaptability and openness to feedback
● Empathy and motivation to understand others’ perspectives and views
● Available for 12 - 24 month volunteer commitment, based in Lagos, Nigeria
Contact email: [email protected]
We welcome applications to our Fellows Program on a rolling basis and will match candidate skills and interests with business requirements. Applications will be processed and candidates interviewed as new opportunities emerge. While individual preferences are taken into account, offers to join the Babban Gona Fellows Program are subject to project needs at the time of application.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter expressing how your background has prepared you to make significant contributions as a BG Fellow with subject line: BG Fellows Program [Learning & Development].
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply