Learning and Evaluation Specialist II, GROW
About the organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.
EnCompass LLC seeks a Learning and Evaluation Specialist II to design and manage learning and evaluation activities for trainings, convenings, and webinars in support of USAID’s Center for Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance through the Generate Results within our Work (GROW) Project. This position will be responsible for leading and managing GROW's learning and evaluation workstream, providing technical direction, day to day management and quality assurance for multiple complex and simultaneous activities. The Learning and Evaluation Specialist II will provide innovative approaches for measuring the effectiveness and applying the learning to other trainings, webinars, leadership activities, and convenings for USAID’s Center of Excellence for Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG). The Learning and Evaluation Specialist II will work with the DRG Center staff and the GROW Team to understand training, webinar and convening needs and facilitate approaches for measuring the effectiveness of our work. This individual will be responsible for building strong working relationships with DRG Center and GROW team members to develop learning and evaluation processes, improve documentation, and evaluate our results, which ultimately contribute to the goals of the project. Successful candidates will have experience in organizational learning environments with a focus on incorporating a variety of evaluation methods and the creation of an effective learning environment.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years’ experience; or Master’s degree and 5+ years’ experience; or PhD and 2 years’ experience.
· Degree in Curriculum Design, Organizational Development, Instructional Design, International Development or other related fields.
· Extensive experience designing and managing learning and evaluation experiences
· Knowledge of critical principles including adult learning, participatory methods, instructional design, Appreciative Inquiry, whole systems thinking, and related topics
· Experience in designing and delivering learning and evaluation activities for U.S. government and/or UN agencies
· Ability to work with of graphics, layout, and Word stylesheets
· Strong planning, organization, critical and strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with a dynamic, engaging facilitation style
· Able to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results
· Experience in the field of international development, working in cross-cultural environments
· Ability to work in an environment committed to appreciative, strengths-based approaches
· Commitment to providing the highest level of service
· Fluency in language(s) other than English and experience working or living overseas preferable
Negotiable, depending on skills and experience
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a cover letter and resume/CV with your application.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job