Leadership Giving Officer-New York/San Francisco/ or Remote
KickStart International, Inc.
About the organization
At KickStart International, our mission is to empower millions of people with irrigation tools and technologies to grow more food and earn more money—transitioning farmers across sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) from poverty to prosperity in just one growing season. As a leader in the social enterprise movement and 30 years of experience designing practical solutions for poverty alleviation in the Global South, KickStart now works across 16 SSA countries to equip smallholder farmers and their communities with the tools to build vibrant livelihoods and climate-resilience. Designed and developed by our team of engineers based in Nairobi, Kenya our award-winning tools are trusted by farmers, cost-effective, and use clean energy—kickstarting profitable farming businesses at the grassroots through year-round harvests, greater yields, and transformed market access.
• Identify, develop and implement strategies for prospecting, cultivating, soliciting and closing current and new individual donors to achieve revenue goals of $2.5 million annually.
• Manage and build a portfolio of Major Gift donors, ensuring that timely steps are taken toward solicitation, closure, referral, and stewardship. Serve as first point of contact and utilize a variety of gift vehicles including giving-circles and multi-year pledges. This will include playing a key liaison role with members of KickStart’s Board of Directors to steward their giving, introductions, recruitment and fundraising efforts.
• Upgrade individual donors through a planned, moves-management, pipeline from prospects, to base, to mid-level, to major gifts.
• Develop and maintain online and printed donor-facing materials, manage and track the production of outreach and acknowledgements, and contribute to the implementation of a vibrant communications and marketing strategy including use of our website, personal outreach, social media, newsletters, annual appeals, customized updates and annual reports.
• Plan, create, organize and (as-needed/possible) attend and manage, remote and in-person, donor solicitation and stewardship activities and events, including learning-get-togethers and trips.
• Participate in cross-functional collaboration with team members in the US and across Africa
• Perform other special projects as requested by the CEO.
• Minimum of bachelor's degree required. Advanced degrees and/or related certifications is a plus.
• At least 3-5 years of work experience with a minimum of 2 years of progressive nonprofit fundraising experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in individual and annual giving, especially closing 4-6 figure gifts.
• Experience with planned giving is a plus.
• Direct experience or knowledge of working in the Global South is a plus.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job