Mott Community College
About the organization
Mott Community College is a public community college in Flint, Michigan. It is named for politician, businessman, and philanthropist Charles Stewart Mott. Its district is the same as the Genesee Intermediate School District and is governed by an elected board of Trustees.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Reporting to the Vice President, the Lead MSW leads the Lenore Croudy Family Life Center (FLC) and seeks to improve student success through providing intentional and functional social support programming while creating a college culture of care. The Lead MSW will create a systematic response to student needs while connecting students with community and college based resources; develop and implement case management and outcomes based processes and procedures; troubleshoot and advocate for student concerns, issues and problems; lead College committees and initiatives that identify gaps, improve college operations, and develops caring employees; keep abreast of new and emerging research that supports student success through social services programming; maintain and award student emergency funding; and supervise social work graduate and undergraduate interns.
The Lead MSW works with the Vice President for Student Success Services to develop, coordinate and sustain on and off campus support systems; provide leadership within the Center that has a cross divisional approach to providing social support programming, create routine communication strategies that supports high levels of Center functionality; and oversees the Center budget. The Lead MSW will collaborate with MCC staff on programming related to Title IX administration and closing the achievement gaps initiatives targeting minority males.
1. A Master's degree in Social Work or related field is required; Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) in Michigan, or fully licensed in another state and eligible for licensure in Michigan is required.
2. At least two years of successful experience in providing social work services, including but not limited to casework, case management, psychotherapy, and crisis intervention; successful experience delivering human services as a member of a team; demonstrated commitment to the success of economically disadvantaged and/or marginalized people.
3. At least two years of successful leadership/management experience, can be concurrent with #2.
4. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required. Must have good presentation skills. Conduct themselves professionally.
5. Ability to work with the public and other employees in a professional manner.
6. Strong computer skills (window-based work processing, spreadsheets, Internet usage, etc.). Accuracy in spelling and grammar.
7. Must function in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers. Must be able to assure confidentiality, secure documents and sensitive records.
8. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Travel may be required.
9. Must have a valid Michigan driver's license with three-year safe driving record. Must provide own transportation.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zkkjvkqytdn3d97w
60,000 - 70,000 Yearly Salary
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job