Lead Management & Recruiting Specialist
About the organization
Founded in 1994, ServeMinnesota began as the Minnesota Commission on National and Community Service. It was housed within the Department of Family and Children’s Services and was the designated recipient and administrator of funding for Minnesota's AmeriCorps program. In 2002, the Minnesota Legislature approved the organization becoming a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization with the broader mission of advancing national service and volunteerism across the state.
ServeMinnesota is a catalyst to address critical needs in Minnesota by working with AmeriCorps and community partners. We share our proven practices nationally.
VISION: Demonstrating the power of national service to solve complex social problems.
We combine the strength of AmeriCorps resources with evidence-based practices to provide cost-effective solutions, yield measurable results, and bring proven models to scale.
The purpose of this role is to develop & strengthen relationships between ServeMinnesota & individuals interested in national service in AmeriCorps. This person will foster & manage relationships with prospective AmeriCorps members, shepherd them through the recruiting process, & assure that their application experience is seamless.
The specialist would be responsible for responding to queries on the ServeMN website and direct messages on social media & overseeing personal & automated email responses to members, and for phone & text message follow-ups.
Essential Job Functions
• Accurately enter all prospect, contact detail and activity in the organization’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools & manage pipeline conversions
• Actively pursue a pipeline of prospects through phone, email & other channels as needed; e.g. schedule intro calls with prospects.
• Make recommendations & improvements to the customer acquisition process.
• Research, question, & listen to potential recruits to fully understand needs and direct them appropriately
• Ensure successful handoff of qualified opportunities to the appropriate program representatives
• Report progress to managers regularly
• Manage inbound lead queue and marketing generated leads with a 24-hour response rate
Other Job Functions
• Assist External Relations department with legislative outreach/marketing, college/high school recruitment
• Assist with social media posting and management when help is needed.
• 2-4 years of experience in a communications role (internship or student experiences are acceptable to include)
• Strong analytical, research & networking skills
• Ability and willingness to adapt to change
• Familiarity w/ Microsoft Office products & an ability to work w/ remote team members via tools such as Zoom, Slack, & Google Meet
• Experience in executing outbound prospecting campaigns - comfortable leveraging multi-channel communication (phone, email, text, social, etc.) to engage with recruiting leads & describing value
• Enthusiastic about AmeriCorps national service and commitment to the community. (Previous experience as AmeriCorps member is a plus (but not a requirement)
• Past experience entering data into a CRM system
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Outstanding written & verbal communication skills w/ a strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage time effectively as well as manage multiple concurrent recruitment cycles
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively interact, communicate & collaborate on multidisciplinary teams and w/ people from cultural backgrounds other than your own
• Commitment to anti-racist practices & equality & inclusivity in the workplace & our AmeriCorps programs
• Confidence & competence in learning & using existing/new technologies, experience w/ systems & technology to enhance processes.
• Team player with an entrepreneurial mindset
• Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a resume. Instead of including a cover letter, please answer each of these questions, in either the body of the email or as a separate attachment, so we can get a better idea of your experience and interest in this position and our organization:
Why are you interested in ServeMinnesota and this particular position? (2-4 sentences) and
How does your experience align with this position (3-5 sentences).
Please email to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job