Land Labs Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator VISTA
Great Peninsula Conservancy
About the organization
Great Peninsula Conservancy (GPC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit land trust dedicated to protecting the natural habitats, rural landscapes, and open spaces of the Great Peninsula region of west Puget Sound, Washington.
The Great Peninsula Conservancy (GPC) Land Labs program will utilize local protected lands to enhance the quality of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education in Bremerton, Washington schools. Hands-on science projects will support the vision of the Washington State Environmental and Sustainability Literacy Plan and meet the requirements of Washington State Science and Learning Standards (WSSLS). The program will engage students directly in big picture environmental concerns affecting their local communities, and open students’ eyes to professional opportunities in the environmental science field. The Land Labs program will help prepare students from low-income families and underachieving schools for success in post-secondary education and careers in STEM.
The Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator VISTA will create volunteer and outreach opportunities that will support the long-term sustainability of the Land Labs program. The VISTA member will seek out relationship building opportunities with non-traditional conservation partners; develop a volunteer management database and volunteer training program; and assist in developing special events to support GPC and the Land Labs program. The Volunteer Coordinator will help build a robust volunteer program that supports GPC’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Commitment and the important work of making the outdoors a safe and inclusive space for all.
• Develop systems that ensure the sustainability of the Land Labs program;
• Develop a volunteer management database;
• Design a volunteer training program and related materials;
• Organize and manage volunteer opportunities (monitoring, restoration, and youth education);
• Assist in managing special events that grow GPC’s volunteer base and membership;
• Closely consider Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity in all volunteer and outreach efforts;
• Collaborate with a diverse team.
• Passion for Great Peninsula Conservancy’s mission and vision;
• Exceptional verbal communication skills;
• Strong writing and organizational skills;
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of initiative and spirit of service;
• Preferred: experience working in outdoor environments;
• Preferred: experience in volunteer training, management, and recruitment;
• Preferred: experience in outreach, education, or event planning;
• Preferred: valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
Contact email: [email protected]
Send a cover letter and resume to Micaela Petrini ([email protected]). Applications are also accepted through AmeriCorps.gov, but will require that the applicant follow-up with a cover letter and resume prior to receiving an interview date. Deadline for applications is April 30th, 2021. For more information, visit Great Peninsula Conservancy’s website (greatpeninsula.org).
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job