Land Labs Development Coordinator VISTA
Great Peninsula Conservancy
About the organization
Great Peninsula Conservancy (GPC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit land trust dedicated to protecting the natural habitats, rural landscapes, and open spaces of the Great Peninsula region of west Puget Sound, Washington.
The GPC Land Labs program will utilize local protected lands to enhance the quality of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education in Bremerton, Washington schools. Hands-on science projects will support the vision of the Washington State Environmental and Sustainability Literacy Plan and meet the requirements of Washington State Science and Learning Standards (WSSLS). The program will engage students directly in big picture environmental concerns affecting their local communities, and open students’ eyes to professional opportunities in the environmental science field. The Land Labs program will help prepare students from low-income families and underachieving schools for success in post-secondary education and careers in STEM.
The Development Coordinator VISTA will investigate funding opportunities and communication strategies that will support the long-term sustainability of the Land Labs program. The VISTA member will identify and write grants; develop a Land Labs grants database and management system; develop communications that celebrate Land Labs partnerships and successes with GPC members; work to build relationships and grow GPC’s membership; and harness the power of storytelling to campaign for land acquisition projects featuring significant ecological and educational value.
• Develop systems that ensure the sustainability of the Land Labs program;
• Pursue and manage grant opportunities;
• Assist in the writing, design, and production of GPC’s communications;
• Support CRM database management;
• Develop fundraising strategies and materials to support GPC operations;
• Develop social media campaigns that expand GPC’s online presence;
• Assist in the coordination of GPC events;
• Collaborate with a diverse team.
• Passion for Great Peninsula Conservancy’s mission and vision;
• Exceptional written communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• High degree of initiative and spirit of service;
• Preferred: proficient in Microsoft and Adobe suites;
• Preferred: experience in marketing, public relations, and/or communications;
• Preferred: experience in development, grant writing, and/or networking;
• Preferred: valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
Contact email: [email protected]
This Great Peninsula Conservancy (GPC) VISTA position is funded by the Corporations for National and Community Service and will serve within the AmeriCorps VISTA program. AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Each VISTA member makes a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. To learn more about the AmeriCorps programs visit americorps.gov.
Send a cover letter and resume to Claire Voris ([email protected]). Applications are also accepted through AmeriCorps.gov, but will require that the applicant follow-up with a cover letter and resume prior to receiving an interview. Deadline for applications is April 30th, 2021. For more information, visit Great Peninsula Conservancy’s website (greatpeninsula.org).
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job