LABORATORY PROGRAM MANAGER
About the organization
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a full time Laboratory Program Manager to support the CDC.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
• Supports and performs complex administrative and professional work at the advanced level for the COVID-19 laboratory response
• Provides technical support, education and assists with professional development of lab employees
• Provides support, develops, and/or provides oversight in the development of plans of operation
• Communicates appropriately and clearly to partners including healthcare facilities, professional organizations, and others as necessary; provides administrative support to identify and address programmatic issues associated laboratory coordination and response
• Develops and/or further enhances collaborative efforts with and among other agencies, professional organizations, health facilities, and academic institutions
• Provides support to evaluate the laboratories delivery of services
• Individual will also provide part time senior level clinical microbiology work and train / support younger microbiologists
• Required License: Certification as a clinical laboratory technician by the National Certification Agency for Medical Laboratory Personnel or as a medical laboratory technician by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists
• Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or Chemistry from an accredited college or university
• Minimum Years’ Experience: Four
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job