Kenya Chief Systems and People Officer
One Acre Fund
About the organization
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
The Chief Systems and People Officer will be an essential part of a leadership team that manages the largest program in One Acre Fund and one of the largest social enterprises in Africa. The Kenya program serves over 390,000 clients, manages over $43m in loans and over 3,000 staff. By 2030, we aim to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families.
• Guide country level strategy for our largest country operations, together with the CEO, COO and CINO.
o Be a member of the Kenya Leadership Team, leading country-wide strategy and important projects alongside this group of senior leaders.
• Manage the Systems Division. This is a 150+ person division consisting of three major departments; Logistics, Business Operations and Procurement.
o Work with the Systems Director to evolve the programs systems to support new innovations and program changes, incorporate new technology and build foundations to handle 25%+ annual growth in program size
• Manage the People Division. This is a 75+ person division consisting of two major departments; Human Resources and Corporate Operations.
o Work with the People Director to improve our people support to over 3,000 employees in the Kenya program through making systematic upgrades to our HR systems and corporate operations processes and services
We are looking for candidates with 12+ years work experience as a general manager/leader in a fast-growing organization, and a propensity for innovation. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• 12+ years of experience in senior roles successfully managing large teams or companies of 250+ staff that required significant management and operational experience.
• C-suite experience such as CEO, COO, CTO or CSO in medium-large companies is preferred.
• A passion for providing hands-on execution guidance across systems and people-focused divisions
• Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine leadership with good humor, patience and a humble approach to service and interested in joining our family of leaders.
• A passion for One Acre Funds program and the desire to advance our mission of empowering hard-working farmers
• At a minimum, a Bachelors degree is required for this position.
Nairobi based with 50% travel. Further flexibility available after time in role
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sz6tz3bwdwhvn3s7
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job