JV Flex Program Coordinator (FPC)
About the organization
JVC Northwest engages adults in a transforming experience of volunteer service. Jesuit Volunteers and Jesuit Volunteer EnCorps members serve for a year or more in solidarity with persons living on the margins of society and with vulnerable places in the Pacific Northwest in social service agencies, schools, community health centers, and environmental organizations. Rooted for over sixty years in the Jesuit Catholic tradition emphasizing spiritual openness and depth, volunteers explore the causes of social and ecological injustice throughout their communities and commit to actively working to promote equality and preserve human dignity.
The Program Coordinator (PC) is the primary representative of Jesuit Volunteer Corps (JVC) Northwest in the communities where there are Flex Jesuit Volunteer (JV) AmeriCorps members, serving as a resource and facilitator to sustain a meaningful JV AmeriCorps member experience for the local Flex JV cohorts and individual JV AmeriCorps members serving in the JV Flex Program. The Flex PC is remote, with consistent travel to Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington metro areas, as well as occasional travel to the JVC Northwest office in Milwaukie, Oregon. The PC also has responsibilities in the selection and maintenance of ongoing relationships with partner agencies; planning and presentation of Orientation and retreats for JV AmeriCorps members; recruitment and selection of JV AmeriCorps members; site monitoring for JV AmeriCorps placements; development of local support systems for the JV communities; relationship building with the diverse publics associated with JVC Northwest; and documentation, tracking, and other organizational tasks. This is a leadership position requiring independent judgment yet the ability and desire to work as part of a team, as well as take direction and implement decisions made by others. The Flex PC reports to the AmeriCorps Program Manager, works in teams with other AmeriCorps Program staff and JV Program Coordinators, and follows the guidelines laid out in the Program Coordinator Handbook.
The Program Coordinator demonstrates the following:
• Undergraduate degree
• Ability to impart the spirit of JVC Northwest, a commitment to living the values of social and ecological justice, community, simple living, and spirituality/reflection
• Willingness to honor and incorporate the Jesuit Catholic tradition of faith doing justice while embracing the spiritual diversity throughout our program
• Ability to work as a team member and independently
• Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills
• Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
• Ability to meet the public, exercise independent judgment, work with many details, and communicate effectively with diverse peoples
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365/Microsoft Teams for team collaboration, file management, and communication
• Flexibility in terms of frequent travel for long periods, scheduling, work hours, and job responsibilities
• Two to four years’ experience working alongside those on the margins of society in a social change advocacy organization
• One year experience with retreat planning and implementation, workshop facilitation, or comparable group leadership experience (strongly preferred)
• One year experience in education related fields, training, ministry or counseling, Resident Assistant experience, program coordination experience (strongly preferred)
• Experience as a Jesuit Volunteer, AmeriCorps, or other national service member, (strongly preferred)
Contact email: [email protected]
Please review application packet that includes a letter from the hiring supervisor, the complete position description, application instructions, and information about JVC Northwest in the application link.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job