Junior Board Member
Stepping Stones International
About the organization
Stepping Stones International (SSI) uses holistic program model, which combines life skills, leadership, psychosocial support, and community mobilization, we enable youth to heal the scars of the past and reconnect with their lost childhood, while growing into self-sufficient young adults.
Purpose of Junior Board
Stepping Stones International's Junior Board is a growing group of young professionals in their 20s and 30s who are passionate about SSI's mission to unlock the potential of vulnerable children and youth ages 12-25 through holistic development, strengthening families, and activating sustainable opportunities to become self-sufficient. The Junior Board will be headquartered in in Salt Lack City, UT, however we invite (and encourage!) members from anywhere in the US and around the globe. This is an unpaid, volunteer-based position.
Members are expected to support SSI's mission through periodic and ongoing volunteering and fundraising projects within the member's local community, nationally as well as internationally.
The Junior Board plays a critical role in developing international awareness of SSI's programs and providing opportunities for expansion through social media use, localized events, and individual fundraising to support overall goals of the organization. Junior Board members have opportunities to create, plan, and participate in awareness activities (walk challenges, outreach events with community partners, etc.); plan and host fundraising events.
• Commit to a minimum of one, one-year term
• Attend at least 70% of monthly Junior Board meetings (serious conflicting events or emergencies may be excusable upon proper notification of Chair or overseeing staff)
• Contribute a minimum of 25 hours of volunteer service with SSI through fundraising, events, and networking, not including planning and Junior Board meetings
• Serve on at least one event planning committee
• Develop and create new events, partnerships, and contacts for SSI's local Utah presence and/or national or global network to foster a broader support of SSI's programs
• Work closely with SSI staff and other Junior Board members in planning of events and fundraising opportunities
• Maintain records of all volunteering, planning contribution, and fundraising to report to SSI staff and Junior Board Chair
• Commitment to SSI's mission to unlock the potential of vulnerable children and youth
• Currently in their 20s or 30s
• Reliable and motivated person who possess strong leadership abilities
• Service Oriented (volunteer experience with SSI or other similar programs highly regarded)
• Ability to work well with others with different professional backgrounds on a variety of issues
• Planning, execution, and creative problem solving skills
• Desire to be an active participant in the promotion of SSIs programs and fundraising needs
• Desire to work collaboratively with other Junior Board members and SSI staff
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email [email protected] in order to receive an application.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job