Jumpstart - Senior Manager, Education Research and Family Engagement
About the organization
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. www.jstart.org
The Senior Manager, Education Research & Family Engagement is a member of the Education and Research (EDU) department. EDU develops, tests, and supports programs, curriculum, training, and research that advances Jumpstart's priorities in the areas of early childhood education. The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager, Education Research & Family Engagement is to support development, improvement and maintenance of Jumpstart’s family engagement programming. The Senior Manager also engages in broader program improvement and development work. This position also collaborates with both national and field staff to advance Jumpstart’s programming.
The Senior Manager, Education Research & Family Engagement reports to the Director of Workforce Training and Professional Development.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in an education related field
• Commitment to furthering Jumpstart’s core values: learning, community, social justice, joy and inclusive leadership
• Experience and skills related to family engagement, including culturally competent programming
• Demonstrated knowledge in a variety of family engagement approaches and a working knowledge of early childhood theory and approaches
• Demonstrated commitment to family engagement including advocating for families and young children
• High level of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and communities
• Demonstrated record of strong oral, written, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate systems with a focus on details
• Ability to perform independently with minimal guidance
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team comprised of individuals from across the organization
• Ability to prioritize, work at a high capacity and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled
• Ability to be flexible and accommodate shifting priorities
• Demonstrated ability to use advanced functions of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) the internet and web-based platforms
60,000 - 65,000
Contact email: [email protected]
For full job description and to apply visit: https://www.jstart.org/jobs/senior-manager-education-research-and-family-engagement/
Please include a cover letter with your resume in your application.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job