Jumpstart - Operations & Compliance Coordinator
About the organization
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 133,000 children with the support of more than 58,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more www.jstart.org
The Operations and Compliance Coordinator provides key support for Jumpstart’s national Program Management department. The Coordinator’s responsibilities include a range of activities integral to the success of the Program Management team. The position offers an excellent way to obtain significant insight and experience in many high-level functions crucial for operating a successful nonprofit organization. This position requires a highly organized, energetic, and motivated individual able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; take initiative; maintain a positive attitude; and create and maintain organizational systems. An ideal candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, is a team collaborator, and has a solid comfort level with data management tasks and projects. This is a 40 hour per week, non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Compliance.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
• At least 1-3 years of professional experience in operations-related functions
• Proven ability to plan, implement, and manage projects at a high capacity in order to meet deadlines and high-quality standards
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to develop and use tracking systems and databases
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, along with strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated success collaborating within a team
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s values of learning, social justice, community, joy, and inclusive leadership
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Proficiency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
• Ability and willingness to travel to annual team retreat, national institute, and assigned locations/sites as necessary
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated success building technical skills in an online data management system
• Experience manipulating data tables and/or creating data visualizations and graphs
• Experience building content in an online training software program
• Demonstrated success collaborating within a remote team
• Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
$20.19 - $22.59 per hour (commensurate with education and experience)
Contact email: [email protected]
Please complete an online application at https://www.jstart.org/about/careers/. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
Jumpstart for Young Children, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital or parental status, amnesty, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws with respect to employment opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job