Jordan: Chief of Party
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Internews is seeking a Chief of Party candidate for a USAID-funded media support and civil society initiative with the general goal of further strengthening independent media and civil society in Jordan. The Chief of Party will provide strategic guidance and leadership for Internews' program; coordinate technical, legal, and professional capacity-building assistance to partners and beneficiaries; ensure proper oversight of Internews personnel, financial management, and administration policies; and coordinate with other media stakeholders in the region to ensure that Internews leverages other resources, avoids duplication, and complements other media development initiatives. The Chief of Party will also be responsible for establishing strong partnership and dialogue with the appropriate donor representatives.
- Advanced degree in journalism, international development, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Significant professional experience (at least 7-10 years) in either print, broadcast, or new media. Strong expertise in the civil society sector is an asset
- Experience as a manager or trainer with professional capacity-building programs for journalists and media outlets and/or civil society organizations
- Previous senior-level management experience, including significant staff, financial, and administrative oversight
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in Jordan
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent communication, team-leading skills, with a strong sense of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with government representatives, project beneficiaries and partners, and other project stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Prior experience managing programs in Jordan is highly desired
- Experience working with remote teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic is preferred
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1350
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job