IT Specialist Project Mgr. (SYSANLYST) GS-2210- 11-12-13
Environment Protection Agency - Office of Enforcement and Compliance Organization
About the organization
EPA's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance has a positions available in the Integrated Compliance Information System product management. This position is in the Office of Compliance/Enforcement Targeting and Data Division (ETDD). ETDD provides permit, compliance and enforcement information management services for the Agency, and works collaboratively with Agency program offices, state, local and tribal environmental agencies, and regulated entities to facilitate data sharing. Our organization develops, operates, maintains and enhances OECA's compliance and enforcement data systems, provides support to use those data systems, and facilitates access to compliance monitoring and enforcement data. To support these data needs, we provide compliance monitoring and determination automated systems and innovative technical solutions supporting EPA program areas and regulated entities.
The incumbent will work with EPA staff, state and local program and technical staffs, and regulated entities to ascertain programmatic business needs and technical requirements to create new and enhanced functionality for the Integrated Compliance Information System (ICIS) and ICIS components. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Serves as a customer advocate/representative for OW’s Water Permits Division, AIR, and EPA enforcement and compliance within OECA/ETDD/ICIS Operations Maintenance and Modernization section (OM&M)
• Determines appropriate products/services by working with customers and software developers
• Helps customers define project scope, requirements, and deliverables supporting the existing and future modernized system
• Ensures new functionality and/or enhancements will integrate with other ICIS components
• Develops and modifies, sprint backlogs and release plans
• Monitors development activities to mitigate risks
• Participates in sprint and milestone reviews and sprint retrospectives
• Develops and implements product release plans
• Provides post release support to address issues or problems
• Maintains a prioritized backlog of user stories (requirements) for future work
• Supports data access needs via electronic data transfer tools and reporting tools such as Business Objects and QLIK.
At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or higher in the Federal service that included Training experience.
B. Possess a bachelor’s degree in the Information Technology field
C. Possesses a bachelor’s degree in an Environmental field
D. A combination of the required experience and education for this grade level
1. Demonstrated planning skills and project management (AGILE preferred)
2. Superior oral and written communication skills
3. Understanding of AGILE product management and system's analysis development methodologies preferable
4. Ability to build coalitions with EPA program areas, regions, states and tribes, and other regulated facilities
5. Possesses aptitude to self learn
6. Desire to quickly learn cybersecurity protocol and risk areas as they are applicable to a major automated system
7. Desire to quickly become knowledgeable of various data base systems such as PostGresSQL
8. Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
9. Desire to become familiar with contract management.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit your resume and supporting documentation to Cindy Hobus no later than December 6th, 2020. Please email questions to the email noted in this posting. We look forward to talking with you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply