IT-Applications Software Specialist
US Environmental Protection Agency
About the organization
The mission of the US Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Transportation and Air Quality (OTAQ) is to protect human health and the environment by reducing air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from mobile sources and the fuels that power them, advancing clean fuels and technology, and encouraging business practices and travel choices that minimize emissions. OTAQ’s programs address emissions from the range of mobile sources: cars and light trucks, large trucks and buses, farm and construction equipment, lawn and garden equipment, marine engines, aircraft, and locomotives.
- Implement new software applications to meet program needs;
- Participate in the modification, testing, and support of applications;
- Ensure rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services;
- Coordinate activities with program staff in order to meet program needs and maintain compliance with industry and agency standards for software applications;
- Provide recommendations on the projects or delivery/task orders in relation to the design, development and deployment of IT systems.
Note: this position may be filled at the GS-7 or GS-9 level, depending on the selected applicant's qualifications. It has promotion potential to the GS-13 level.
Experience and/or education that demonstrates you can (1) collect customer requirements, properly interpret those requirements, and present them to leadership through written or oral communications and visual aids; and (2) assist in the research and evaluation of new application development methodologies and frameworks.
Knowledge of software and equipment characteristics; skill in written or oral communication; ability to maintain application software; and knowledge of software security policies and/or standards is also required.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please provide resume, copy of transcripts if applicable, and verification of non-competitive eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply