Inventory and Data Entry Clerk
Partners in Health
About the organization
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit, global health organization that fights social injustice by bringing the benefits of modern medical science first and foremost to the most vulnerable communities around the world. PIH focuses on those who would not otherwise have access to quality health care. PIH partners with the world’s leading academic institutions to create rigorous evidence that shapes more sound and all-inclusive global health policies. PIH also supports local governments’ efforts to build capacity and strengthen national health systems.
As of today, PIH runs programs in 11 countries (Haiti, Peru, Rwanda, Mexico, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Malawi, Lesotho, Russia, Kazakhstan, Navajo Nation), where it provides direct care to millions of patients, through public facilities and community engagement.
Inventory Management and Shipment Coordination (50%)
- Receive incoming orders at the Boston office, including unloading inbound freight deliveries and checking against purchase orders.
- Record and manage Boston inventory in the relevant electronic system for each country, ensuring systems are kept accurate and current.
- Pack suitcases and coordinate with travelers to transport urgent, fragile, or essential equipment and communicate with project-based staff to help ensure that items reach their final destination. - - Monitor travel calendars for PIH staff and affiliates to identify travelers.
- Send requests for quotation, select best lead time, and identify cost savings for packing and shipping needs.
- Coordinate and pack all outgoing shipments from the Boston office. Prioritize outgoing items according to programmatic priority.
- Liase with vendors and donors to coordinate shipping logistics.
- Assist with emergency and out of office tasks as needed, such as donation pick-up in the Boston area.
Data Entry (50%)
- Ensure purchase order data are accurate based on updates from vendors.
- Confirm receipt of items in electronic system for international shipments.
- Assist with creation of customs documentation as needed.
- Perform data cleaning activities.
- Collect data to measure key performance indicators for the Supply Chain & Logistics team.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 -2 years of experience coordinating logistics activities, including at least one of the following: inventory entry and reconciliation; placing orders with vendors; problem solving related to ship dates, vendor errors, and order changes; shipping products internationally; coordinating trucking transportation.
- Demonstrated success maintaining tracking systems and/or doing fast-paced data entry.
- Comfort with learning new electronic systems.
- Experience working with ERP systems and strong Excel skills preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work and problem solve creatively in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, work as part of a dynamic team and share tasks as needed.
- Flexible and adaptable. Ability to respond calmly and creatively in emergency situations.
- Ability to lift cartons up to 50 pounds.
-Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job