International Programs Associate
Food Enterprise Solutions - FES
About the organization
Food Enterprise Solutions (FES) partners with public-sector organizations, foundations, and private sector companies to design and implement business-driven solutions in the global fight against hunger and malnutrition. FES leverages the powers of business, entrepreneurship, and innovation as key drivers in the global fight against hunger and malnutrition. Our mission is to develop supply chains and markets that deliver safe, nutritious, and affordable options to all consumers through commercially viable and environmentally sustainable food systems.
FES is a life-and-family-friendly workplace that aims to maximize performance of all staff, while maintaining an environment where staff members can grow and learn. We seek professionals who share our vision of development through a private sector approach in partnership with stakeholders.
FES is seeking an individual to support program operations for the Business Drivers for Food Safety (BD4FS) program. The successful candidate will be a member of the FES team that oversees this global initiative, as well as future initiatives that are currently in design/development and will work in close partnership with FES senior leadership in developing and managing systems and procedures supporting our work in the US and abroad.
The Program Associate will be expected to provide a broad range of technical and project functions that include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, maintain, and monitor a schedule of all project deliverables.
• Coordinate flow of administrative and contractual communications with sub-contractors, sub-awardees, and consultants.
• Support preparation of all reports including work plans, quarterly financial reports, annual reports, and other project-related documents or publications as needed.
• Manage logistics for all project meetings, public events, activities, or other events as needed.
• Support travel authorizations and other logistic requirements for staff and consultants.
• Receive and log in all documents, receipts, reports, etc. relating to project expenditures.
• Support preparation of internal monthly expenditure and activities report.
• Undergraduate / graduate degree in Public Health, Economics, Business Administration, Management, Public Policy, Political Science, International Affairs, or other relevant discipline;
• Up to three (3) years of relevant work experience in a research institution, government, bilateral or multilateral development agency, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank;
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
• Exceptional oral & written communications skills;
• Ability to communicate professionally and positively with team-members, clients, and partners, both orally and in writing;
• Experience working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to prepare work plans, develop flow-charts, and other project management tools;
• Experience working under deadlines and meeting scheduled deliverables.
• Team player with the ability to work independently while meeting all job requirements.
• Willingness to travel domestically and international approximately 10-15%, depending on project need;
• Experience supporting projects and/or working in developing country context a plus;
• Experience in communications – website management, blogging, social media – a plus;
• French fluency highly desired.
Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience. Position includes holiday, leave, retirement, and health benefits.
Contact email: [email protected]
Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume.
FES is headquartered in Arlington, VA and operates primarily from a virtual platform. This allows staff the opportunity to minimize the need for commuting to a traditional office environment while also having access to facilities needed for in-person collaboration.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job