International Program Specialist
US Forest Service/METI, Inc
About the organization
Management and Engineering Technologies International, Inc. (METI) works in support of the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) Office of International Programs by hiring staff to work on international natural resource projects. The USFS Office of International Programs promotes sustainable natural resource management and biodiversity conservation internationally. By linking the skills of the field-based staff of the USFS with partners overseas, the agency can address the world’s most critical forestry issues and concerns. The USFS regularly engages the agency's wide range of expertise in over 90 countries, for programs on sustainable forest management, climate change, combatting illegal logging, fire management, and other topics.
Management and Engineering Technologies International, Inc. (METI), in support of the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) Office of International Programs, may require services of Program Specialists to work on international natural resource projects.
The USFS Office of International Programs promotes sustainable natural resource management, biodiversity conservation and disaster management internationally. By linking the skills of the field-based staff of the USFS with partners overseas, the agency can address the world’s most critical forestry issues and concerns, as well as improve capacities to respond to major disasters. The USFS regularly engages the agency’s wide range of expertise in over 90 countries, for programs on sustainable forest management, climate change, combatting illegal logging, fire management, improved systems for responding to disasters, and other topics.
Duties may include the following:
• Developing work plans and reports for a variety of partners and stakeholders;
• Organizing travel, logistics, and other administrative tasks;
• Monitoring and reconciling budgets;
• Identifying technical experts to interface with international organizations and individuals; and,
• Participating in technical assignments.
The Program Specialist would work to further natural resource management and disaster management globally. Positions would be based in Washington, DC with the USFS Office of International Programs.
• Ability to work with partners (government, NGO, private sector, academia) is essential;
• Prior experience living/working overseas in a developing country;
• Background in natural resources management and/or in disaster response;
• At least two years of prior administrative experience;
• Proficiency in a foreign language, preferably one of the following: French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian;
• Exceptional attention to detail;
• Strong communication skills; and,
• Ability to travel.
Contact email: [email protected]
METI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit us at: www.meticorp.com
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job