International Midwifery Educator
About the organization
Jhpiego is a non-profit global health leader and Johns Hopkins University affiliate that is saving lives, improving health and transforming futures. We collaborate with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and families. Jhpiego translates the best science and practice into moments of care that can mean the difference between life and death for women and families.
In India, Jhpiego works across various states in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of health workforce development, family planning, maternal and child health, strengthening human resources for health, and non-communicable diseases. These programs are funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, David & Lucile Packard Foundation, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), MSD for Mothers and others.
Jhpiego is hiring for the position of International Midwifery Educator for Nursing Midwifery Training institute (NMTI) based at Wardha, Maharashtra, India for its BMGF funded project “Facilitating and providing technical assistance in establishing ‘Nurse Practitioners in Midwifery’ and ‘Midwifery-led Care Units’ (MLCU) to transform maternal and neonatal health care in India”. The position will work closely with Nursing Institute, National Midwifery Educators and Jhpiego to prepare Master’s Degree Education Nurses as midwifery educators.
This is will be an 18 months fixed term contract.
• Support implementation of midwifery educators training on par with international Confederation of Midwives (ICM) standards
• Demonstrate evidence-based practices and values needed to change historical practices
• Role model indicators for best practices
• Support in establishment of MLCU
Coaching and Preceptorship
• Oversee the training of midwifery educator trainees
• Plan and facilitate continuing midwifery education sessions
• Plan clinical rotation for the trainees
• Assess and enable innovative teaching methods enabling teaching skills of the trainees
• Conduct audits and maintain academic documentation and clinical records
• Help with the appraisal of trainees
• Conduct clinical reviews and reflections
• Guide trainees through research & use of evidence-based guidelines.
• Proficient in English
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable with competency-based learning and promoting student centered learning using a variety of teaching methods
• Ability to multitask and work in a multi-cultural environment
• Willingness to travel to training sites across India
• Proficiency in computers - Microsoft Office.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• Degree in midwifery from an accredited/recognized institute
• Registration as midwife in home country
• Experience as an academic and/or clinical midwifery educator
• Minimum three years post registration clinical experience in recent years
• International work experience as midwife or midwife educator is desired
• Prior experience in teaching and training would be an added advantage.
• Passionate about addressing global inequity in maternal and child health
Contact email: [email protected]
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment. Jhpiego provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note clearly stating the position to [email protected]
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply