International Logistics & Supply Chain Coordinator
Momentum Wheels for Humanity
About the organization
Since 1996, Momentum Wheels for Humanity has increased access to mobility and improved quality of life for children, teens, and adults with physical disabilities in more than 50 low- and middle-income countries. We build and strengthen rehabilitation services within health systems through training and capacity building, policy and standards development, and supply and distribution of wheelchairs and other life-changing equipment.
Momentum Wheels for Humanity seeks a part time International Logistics & Supply Chain Consultant in support of our USAID funded CLASP project (Consolidating Logistics for Assistive Technology Supply & Provision).
The International Logistics consultant in the Operations Department is the primary liaison between, vendors, freight forwarders, Shanghai warehouse, various finance, operations and program staff associated with CLASP.
Logistics is primarily responsible for managing day-to-day international shipping & receiving, record keeping, reporting, and communication between all parties of each transaction and management.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the International Logistics & Supply Chain Consultant will be responsible for performing the following primary task:
• Solicit freight quotes from our forwarder pool in response to Sales requests, understand INTCO Terms and all air & ocean accessorial, and calculate our origin handling costs
• Understand international shipping document requirements for each shipment, ensure those documents are produced on time for each shipment and are approved by the customer
• Coordinate bookings and document production with the CLASP Sales team, our Shanghai DC, the freight forwarders, our customers and their customs broker
• Attend the weekly Production meeting at 10:00 am on Mondays
• Coordinate original document shipping as required via FedEx Express and manage our small package shipping se
• Deductive reasoning, problem solving and decision making skills
• Prior experience in International Logistics and Supply Chain – minimum 2 years
• Knowledge of international air and ocean cargo procedures and customs terminology
• Inventory management experience
• Strong organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills as well as ability to work independently
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Microsoft Office Suite software experience – advanced Excel preferred
• AS in Accounting, Business, Operations, Logistics, Management, or related field (BS preferred)
• Ability to work remote 100% of the time and report daily activities and production summary to management
• Knowledge of logistics and customs clearance in emerging markets
• French, Spanish, and/or Arabic language skills a plus
• Experience coordinating with remote contacts/teams in various time zones.
hourly, paid semi-monthly
Contact email: [email protected]
This position is 100% remote and can be based anywhere.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English to [email protected] Please include “Application for CLASP Logistics: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Due to volume of replies, we ask that you not contact the office directly.
Momentum Wheels for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Momentum Wheels for Humanity encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply