International Director or Mentor
Global Leadership Adventures
About the organization
We are Global Leadership Adventures (GLA), a well-established organization committed to delivering life-changing journeys for high school and middle school students. Our mission is to inspire the next generation to realize their potential to transform the world and their role in it. We have proudly operated our global service-learning programs in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, and Latin America for more than a decade and are excited to offer our new Europe Discovery programs focused on educational, exploratory travel.
International Directors collaborate with the Local Program Director (from the host country) to facilitate a positive summer experience for Mentors and participants. Program Directors work to maintain the safety and health of each student, ensure program logistics are properly coordinated and implement GLA’s service-learning leadership curriculum. Communication, teamwork and flexibility are critical throughout this process. Local Directors are responsible for managing, supporting, and guiding local team members in their roles.
Mentors participate in all aspects of programming alongside students, including community service and excursions. Mentors facilitate activities implementing GLA’s service-learning leadership curriculum, as well as discussion and reflection sessions to help students process their experiences. Mentors will facilitate discussions directly with a small group of students regularly and occasionally lead activities with larger groups of students.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of two years of experience working with teens; either teaching in a classroom or in an alternative education setting
- Two years of experience working with middle school students for our middle school program
- Mastery relating with teenagers
- Extensive international travel experience
- For Europe Discovery programs, experience living in-country and speaking the local language is mandatory
- Flexibility – our staff have the ability to find comfort in the discomfort, no matter their location
- Exceedingly personable and positive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and cross-cultural awareness
- Collaborative in nature; skilled in problem solving
- Good physical and mental health – staff must possess the ability to actively participate in all elements of the program’s experience
- Ability to talk things out and a willingness to express your professional opinions while considering your personal feelings and the feelings of your colleagues
- Natural aptitude to motivate and energize students in a variety of settings and situations
Contact email: [email protected]
Step 1: Online Application
Fill out and submit an online application (http://www.tfaforms.com/309213).
Step 2: Spark Hire Video Application
Upon submission of your online application, you will receive a link to complete a recorded interview using the Spark Hire video interview platform. This step requires a camera, a microphone and an internet connection. You will be asked to record your responses to four questions — each response will have a time limit of one minute. We cannot offer technical assistance, so if you need help, please contact Spark Hire Support directly.
We do not expect candidates to record their Spark Hire responses in a professional setting, so please do not worry if you are in a more casual setting, so long as you’re able to answer the questions in a quiet area. If you are unable to complete this step due to connectivity issues, please email [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job