Intake Specialist (Bilingual)
About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
1. Assist customers in the Resource Room with general job search activities.
2. Facilitates intake/orientation, explaining Career Center services and expectations.
3. Shows interest and concern for all customers, treating them with respect and care.
4. Uses personal computer to input data into automated reporting system.
5. Assists with documentation including collecting required completed documents accurately and expeditiously.
6. Assists other Center staff with various office support functions. Operates fax, copier and telephone system. Types memos, reports, and other materials.
7. Maintains detailed participant records in compliance with policies and procedures; Prepares and maintains current and accurate accounting of customer participation.
8. Maintains organized and efficient filing system.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or GED certificate required. Associate Degree or a combination of education and related experience preferred.
2. Three years of customer service experience.
3. General knowledge of Career Center services and programs.
4. Knowledge of relevant office equipment.
5. Ability to interact with customers in a positive and productive manner.
6. Ability to input basic data into personal computer.
7. Ability to prepare routine reports, file records correctly, and type materials as requested
8. Ability to effectively read and interpret written procedures.
9. Knowledge of or ability to learn data tracking and management information systems.
10. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
11. Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish is required.
12. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
TO VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE VISIT: www.sermetro.org/job/intake-specialist-bilingual-2/
Contact email: [email protected]
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must visit www.sermetro.org/apply
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job