Instructional Design Consultants
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
Internews is building a roster of instructional design consultants to support its teams and programs in designing digital training. The consultants will work at different stages of the training process, such as needs analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. The instructional designers can bring their competencies to various digital training modalities, synchronous and asynchronous, such as e-learning module design, hybrid learning design, webinar material design, scenario and simulation, facilitation, LMS management, etc. We encourage applicants to tell us about their strengths in these areas, as multiple opportunities may arise with different focus areas. Consultants will work in close collaboration with the program or the project manager and will consult the Internews Learning and Training Specialist.
Internews is seeking consultants to do a variety of different tasks. To be successful, we expect consultants to bring a mix of the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing digital trainings in various modalities, such as e-learning modules, hybrid learning, webinars, etc.
- Creative thinking through adult learning, especially using multimedia and design resources
- Knowledge and experience of Articulate Rise
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Graphic design skills
- Experience in designing interactive webinar and online facilitation methods
- Experience in LMS management
- Experience in creating and managing WhatsApp-based training is a plus
- Strong collaborative working style, ability to work in partnership with a diverse range of stakeholders with an openness to feedback and iteration
- Prior experience in the international development field
- Excellent written communication skills
- Sensitivity and understanding of diverse perspectives in a multicultural environment.
- Familiarity with gender-sensitive programming
- Professional-level fluency in English
- Knowledge of other languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, or Arabic a plus
Typical ways to gain the required knowledge and skills to succeed include:
- A university degree in Instructional Technology, Adult Education, or training
-Certification in graphic design
To apply to the Instructional Design roster, please submit a copy of the following items:
- One-page cover letter, including a succinct description of your expertise and how you would approach this project, and your daily rate
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job