INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
US ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
About the organization
The mission of the Environmental Protection Agency is to protect human health and the environment by protecting the land, water and air of the United States.
Come create the next generation of IT solutions for environmental protection.
The Office of Digital Services and Technical Architecture (ODSTA), under EPA's Office of Mission Support, plans and manages the architecture and future directions of EPA's information technology infrastructure and services. ODSTA also serves as a center of excellence for modern systems design, engineering, and project management. We are seeking energetic, talented employees with a passion for improving human health and the environment through application of modern technologies and systems development. Employees will work on teams that:
- Provide hands on consulting to program seeking guidance on IT system
- Evaluate new and transformative technologies for adoption in the EPA mission space
- Drive the adoption of modern software development techniques, including Agile,
cloud-native, user focused design, etc.
- Promote the use of low code/high productivity software development
- Promote development of open source code and shared services across the
- Promote delivery of new IT services and cost savings
- Plan IT strategy and roadmaps
- Help deliver the IT that makes the greatest possible contributions to the EPA's
Positions are available in Washington, DC and Research Triangle Park, NC
Education and experience in Information Technology
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit resume and eligibility letter to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply