Information Technology Specialist (Security)
Department of Homeland Security, Customs & Border Protection
About the organization
CBP’s Professional Staff plays a vital role in supporting the frontline mission.
Standing behind Frontline personnel is a dedicated team of professional staff members. CBP has thousands of employees working in interesting and complex mission and operations support roles such as cyber security, forensic laboratory services, international affairs, international trade, and intelligence research. CBP posts all professional job opportunities on USAJOBS.gov. Log on, apply now, and join our team!
Joining the Customs and Border Protection Office of Information and Technology will allow you to use your expertise developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance of IT solutions. This position starts at a salary of $122,530 (GS-14, Step 1) to $159,286 (GS-14, Step 10) with promotion potential to $159,286 (GS-14 Step 10). Apply for this exciting opportunity to strengthen the Department of Homeland Security's ability to perform homeland security functions solving difficult technical problems and defining new approaches and techniques.
• Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
• Administering information technology (IT) principles, methods, and security products to protect and maintain the availability, integrity, confidentiality, and accountability of information system resources.
• Implementing and advises on IT security policies and procedures to ensure the protection of information transmitted from installation using Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN).
• Accomplishing risk analysis, securit
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Along with the competencies listed above you must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience described below to qualify based on experience.
Experience: You qualify for the GS-14 grade level if you possess 1 year of specialized experience
$122,530 (GS-14, Step 1) to $159,286 (GS-14, Step 10)
Contact email: [email protected]
If interested, please email your resume and NCE letter to email address in the application link.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job