Information Technology Specialist
U.S. Department of the Treasury
About the organization
Treasury, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Enterprise Business Solutions
The IT Specialist will work in the Treasury HRConnect Program Office, ACIO Enterprise Business Solutions, DAS Information System and CIO, Assistant Secretary for Management CFO, Departmental Offices, and Department of the Treasury.
Treasury's core mission is to manage the government's finances effectively, promote economic growth and stability and to ensure the safety, soundness, and security of the U.S. and international financial systems. In fulfilling its mission, Treasury plays a critical role in protecting the financial security of Americans and promoting economic growth. In this capacity, the Information Technology Specialist will provide expert advice in determining and designing complex, customized application solutions, in analyzing, documenting and refining systems requirements, and in testing and troubleshooting applications enhancements that are in development.
he Information Technology Specialist will be part a team that will support the Senior Director of the Human Resource Line of Business.
- Evaluating new application software technologies for evolving, important missions
- Analyzing and interpreting business requirements for all IT domains, such as web, operating system, hardware, electronic documentation, etc.
- Providing policy and process support to the entire team to develop, maintain, and improve our compliance with the federal governments Section 508 Rehabilitation Act of 1973; ensures that when U.S. Federal government agencies develop, procure, or maintain, information and communication technology (ICT), that it is accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Understanding concepts of model-based testing and test mapping for changes
- Developing automated test script products and service testing tools with model-driven approach
- Analyzing business requirements, writing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Executing test cycles according to test plans and test procedure specifications using test
- Automation software, tools, and utilities; monitoring the test cycle for correctness and completeness
- Meet with customers to collect user stories (requirements) for systems in consideration for development to ensure user stories are defined
- Determining output media formats for special, sensitive, or high-profile reports and presentations
This job will be hired as a GS-9 or GS-11. For a GS-9 a masters degree OR one year of GS-7 equivalent experience (or a combination)
For a GS-11, a PhD OR one year of GS-9 equivalent experience, OR a combination of masters education and experience.
- Attention to Detail - Thoroughly reviews and proofreads various IT related data/information; dedicates focus to accomplish tasks that are complete, precise, and accurate to a given IT situation
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral/Written Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies IT related problems using a variety of materials or sources; gathers and applies technical information
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
GS-9 or GS-11
Contact email: [email protected]
Resume, transcripts, and NCE documentation
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply