Information Officer (International Humanitarian Reporting)
Amentum / PAE / Macfadden
About the organization
Founded in 1988, we never forget that we are people helping people. Our way of doing business has its roots in the commitment of our founder, James R. Macfadden, who built an organization that reflected his relentless dedication to helping solve complex development challenges.
*Information Officers should expect to travel as much as 50 percent of the year.
USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) leads and coordinates the U.S. Government’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas in response to natural disasters and protracted crises. The bureau also supports early recovery efforts that restore and protect basic systems and services and invests in risk reduction programs that prevent or reduce risks associated with chronic and recurrent hazards. Macfadden serves as an Institutional Support Contractor to USAID, where day-to-day work assignments and oversight are provided by BHA office dir
• Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government issued Secret security clearance and a U.S. Department of State medical clearance and maintain them for the duration of employment on this contract.
• Must be willing and able to serve on extended international deployments (up to 12 weeks or more at a time) to disaster zones, including conflict-affected areas and austere environments, often on short notice.
• Must have a Master’s degree, preferably in a related field (international affairs or relations, political science or government, conflict resolution and peacebuilding, public health, emergency management, public policy, humanities, etc.)*
• Requires a minimum of two years of full-time work experience.
*Individuals who anticipate receiving a Master’s degree in the coming months are encouraged to apply. Please indicate the anticipated date of completion of the Master's degree in your resume.
• Must possess excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills and have exceptional attention to detail.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances and have the ability to work under tight deadlines in an extremely fast-paced and collaborative environment.
• Requires the demonstrated ability to work well with others and meet deadlines in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
• Requires knowledge of, and interest in humanitarian issues.
• Foreign language ability and overseas work experience are bene
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
To be considered for this position, you MUST submit the following:
Writing Sample, Per the Following Prompt: The writing sample must be an original brief summary (350 words or less) for a government official describing a humanitarian crisis / emergency situation and key impacts. The writing sample should be written in paragraph format and avoid use of bullets. You must include a word count at the conclusion of the memo.
Please combine your Cover Letter, Resume, and Writing Sample into one PDF or Word document and submit it through the online application system when prompted to upload a CV.
**Only applications with a cover letter, resume, and writing sample submitted by 11:59PM on 06/10/2022 will be considered for the current hiring round; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the interview process will involve a writing test and an editing test.**
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job