Indo-Pacific: Program Officer (Indonesia, Philippines or Thailand)
About the organization
Internews is an international media nonprofit working in 100+ countries. For 40 years, we have helped partners reach millions of people with trustworthy information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Program Officer provides strategic support for regional projects in Asia and the Pacific on variety of tasks, including project management, donor reporting, proposal development and communications. The Program Officer is expected to cultivate relationships and build a network of partners and grantees across the Asia-Pacific region, including regular communication and engagement with Internews country, regional and HQ teams. This includes liaising with and monitoring partners working in the field of journalism and countering disinformation, handling administrative and logistical tasks, support other programmatic activities, business development and additional responsibilities as needed by the Internews team. Travel in the Asia-Pacific region will be required.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
• Minimum 5 years programmatic experience in relevant non-profit organizations – experience in a non-profit media development organization a significant plus
• Financial and administrative experience, including project deliverables and timelines, deadlines, budget analysis and preparation.
• Relevant university degree or equivalent lived/professional experience.
• Excellent English communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening.
• Experience living or working in the Indo Pacific region essential; willingness to travel within the Asia-Pacific region.
• Prior work experience of working with media educators, journalism schools is an advantage.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines, manage multiple assignments and time effectively.
• Grant proposal writing experience, and proven text-editing proficiency.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
• Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
• Proficient in MS Office.
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job