Impact Manager - Los Angeles County Equitable Outcomes Team
About the organization
We help governments and social impact organizations turn ambitious goals into everyday reality for people all over the world.
The Impact Manager for the Equitable Outcomes Team (EOT) will serve as the point person for driving progress and accelerating the impact of a top priority for the County of Los Angeles government and its residents.
As LA County’s expert in strategy, implementation, and equity, the Impact Manager will provide thought partnership and capacity-building support, institute routines to keep the team focused, and create systems and solutions to enable better service delivery and coordination across government agencies. This individual will have a track record of overseeing large, complex initiatives involving multiple stakeholders and demonstrate a strong desire to help a regional government improve highly visible and impactful services.
This is a one-year fixed-term position, hired by Delivery Associates and embedded in Los Angeles County government. Opportunities for extension, including different priorities and county placement, are possible but not guaranteed.
- Bachelors required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years total relevant experience (in consulting, strategy and operations, public policy, nonprofit, or related field); 2 or more of which is preferred to be in a management position.
- Must be based in and have work authorization in the United States. Delivery Associates will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Based (or willing to be based) in LA County, or within commutable distance, for the term of employment which will be based in LA County.
- Pass a background check and live scan by LA County.
- Experience working on or with community justice, crisis response, behavioral health or equity issues, and/or candidates with lived experience related to these issues preferred.
- Experience working on a large-scale service delivery initiative and managing change using proven methods preferred.
- Experience working with data and evidence to inform and improve policy or programming preferred.
- Interest and/or experience working in or working in partnership with local government preferred.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may come from a less traditional background. DA may consider an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job