Impact and Training Manager
About the organization
myAgro helps farmers move out of poverty: we do this with a simple approach. We help farmers
manage their cash flow better – at harvest time when farmers have more cash, they can lock away
their funds for seeds and fertilizer for the next season. They pay using their mobile phone (or mobile
money in Tanzania) and myAgro delivers the inputs they’ve paid for before it rains and provides
technical training so farmers know how to use the inputs efficiently. This leads to 50% more food and
50% more income per farm. To date myAgro serves 80,000 farmers and will scale to 1 million
farmers by 2025. The award-winning team has received recognition from Skoll Foundation, Echoing
Green, World Bank, Bill Gates and more.
The impact manager is a key management and leadership role at myAgro that should touch and
impact the work and lives of many of our team members and farmers. So what exactly does that
1. You are able to Execute @ Scale. In one month you might hire 40 ag trainers who then
need to recruit and train 400 seasonal agents. You are able to design and lead a large-scale
program and care about the details without getting overwhelmed. You are adept at
implementing quality controls to ensure quality of program execution.
2. You are an Effective Collaborator. You know how to coordinate and communicate
effectively across departments (sales, product, HR, etc) and have a knack for getting
alignment on work plans and calendars, while building in flexibility for the unknowns of the
agricultural / sales work.
3. You are an Open-Minded Listener. You are focused on the organizational goals and
therefore work at all times starting from the end-users of the programs you design for (both
farmers and field staff). You are not one to get stuck on Agricultural Theory or perfection at
the cost of delivering on organizational goals.
4. You are a Master Manager. From project management to organizational aptitude to
delegation and coaching, you have the tools in your tool-belt to own this role and goals /
projects that come with it. You make your team and those around you better with your
Learn more at www.myagro.org/careers
You are RIGHT for this role if…
• You have 5 years of prior management experience – preferably including background in scaling and expanding programs.
• You have designed, developed, and/or implemented training programs for rural areas.
• You have held a position on the crossroads between multiple departments.
You are NOT qualified for this job if…
• You do not have more than 5 years of project management experience.
• You have never managed a team of 5 direct reports for more than a year.
• You are not fluent in French and English.
• You have no experience working in Africa.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job