Immigration Services Officer
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
About the organization
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services administers the nation's lawful immigration system, safeguarding its integrity and promise by efficiently and fairly adjudicating requests for immigration benefits while protecting Americans, securing the homeland, and honoring our values.
* The responsibilities described are for the GS-09 level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
* Grant or deny applications and petitions for immigration benefits and determine appropriate level of adjudicative review and update databases with appropriate information and decisions.
* Research and interpret sources including immigration laws and regulations, operating instructions, legislative history, precedent decisions, state and local laws, and international treaties to determine adjudicative decision.
* Gather information using a variety of methods including document review, electronic systems checks, interviews, etc. to make adjudicative decisions on immigration benefit applications/petitions.
* Process electronic or paper applications and petitions for immigration benefits using available electronic systems to verify numerous established data points.
* Provide direct assistance to personnel/officials of other Federal agencies in identifying individuals who pose a threat to national/public security.
* Conduct security checks in accordance with all applicable DHS/USCIS laws and policies.
* Provide applicant/petitioner/beneficiary support including liaison with internal and external stakeholders, problem resolution, and in-person services.
GS-05: You must have experience performing the following duties: Analyzing problems, gathering pertinent data and recognizing solutions Planning and organizing work to ensure timely completion. Communicating clearly, both orally and in writing and providing excellent customer service.
GS-07: You must have experience performing the following duties: Performing preliminary examinations of applications and petitions for immigration beneﬁts, evaluating evidence and drafting appropriate correspondence. Ensuring required supporting documentation is included in application package(s) and applying necessary immigration laws, policies and procedures. Reviewing immigration beneﬁt applications to determine adjudicative decision.
GS-09: You must have experience performing the following duties: Examining, evaluating evidence, and analyzing immigration benefits documents received for authenticity. Researching, analyzing and applying appropriate immigration laws, policies and procedures. Adjudicating immigration benefits based on reviews of applications in coordination with policies.
39,873 - 78,542
Contact email: [email protected]
District 41 are hiring at the following locations: Anchorage, AK; Boise, ID; Helena, MT; Honolulu, HI; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Spokane, WA; and Yakima, WA.
Please indicate in your email where you want to be considered.
Things to submit:
* College Degree
* Peace Corps Non-Compete Eligibility Paperwork
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply