Immigration Services Assistant (Office of Automation)
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
About the organization
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America's promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. Visit us here for more information. http://www.uscis.gov/aboutus.
The responsibilities described are for the full performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
• Pre-screen various applications and submissions by USCIS customers for accuracy and completeness of initial supporting documentation and schedule applicant appointments, communicating directly with applicants.
• Perform analysis on files, reports, and information systems and databases to update information and maintain data integrity.
• Produce highly sensitive and secure documents.
• Identify incoming applications that require expedited service or requests for fee waivers and channel those through the correct work process.
• Edit and create office documents and correspondence using office automation software, i.e. databases, spreadsheets and word processing, manage individual case files, and act as a records liaison with other agencies.
GS-05: You qualify if you 1 yr of work experience which has equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. You must have experience performing complex office automation duties using word processing to edit and reformat correspondence and reports, creating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases, responding to inquiries by phone and/or in writing, reviewing and verifying accuracy and completeness of submitted documents for benefits. OR You may substitute successful completion of 4 years above high school.
GS-06: In addition to the requirements at the lower grade level, you must have 1 yr specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level in the federal government such as reviewing and screening applications for benefits to ensure validity of documentation submitted; Providing routine information and assistance on applications for benefits; Maintaining subject matter files, technical instructions, and operating procedures.
GS-07: In addition to the requirements at the lower grade level, you must have 1 yr specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 level in the federal government such as analyzing and evaluating cases where expedited screening or resolution of requests for immigration benefits is necessary; Determining whether requests for immigration benefits sought are valid and whether applicant is eligible; Preparing a variety of reports utilizing a number of software applications (e.g., databases, spreadsheets, graphics)
Contact email: [email protected]
You may apply to this position by sending the following items to [email protected] by 7/26/2019
1. Verification of valid NCE status (Signed DOS)
3. Official Transcript(s)
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply