Immigration Services Assistant (Office Automation)
United States Citizenships and Immigration (USCIS)
About the organization
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American
interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; Join DHS.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services administers the nation's lawful immigration system, safeguarding its integrity and promise by efficiently and fairly adjudicating requests for immigration benefits while protecting Americans, securing the homeland, and honoring our values. Visit us here for more information.
• The responsibilities described are for the GS-07 level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
• Pre-screening various applications and submissions by USCIS customers for accuracy and completeness of initial supporting documentation.
• Scheduling applicant appointments, communicating directly with applicants and their representatives.
• Performing analysis on files, reports, and information systems and databases to update information and maintain data integrity.
• Producing highly sensitive and secure documents.
• Identifying incoming applications that require expedited service or requests for fee waivers and channel those through the correct work process.
• Editing and creating office documents and correspondence using office automation software, i.e. graphics, databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
• Managing individual case files, accounting for the movement of files to other locations, conducting audits of files and acting as a records liaison with other agencies.
GS-05: You qualify at the GS-05 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience, which is equivalent to at least the GS-04 level in the federal government, that equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. GS-06: In addition to the requirements at the lower grade level(s), to qualify at the GS-06 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience, which is equivalent to at least the GS-05 level in the federal government, that equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. GS-07: In addition to the requirements at the lower grade level(s), to qualify at the GS-07 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience, which is equivalent to at least the GS-06 level in the federal government, that equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. Duties but not inclusive: Performing office automation duties using word processing to edit and reformat correspondence and reports. Creating and maintaining spreadsheets/databases. Responding to inquiries by phone and/or in writing. Reviewing and verifying accuracy and completeness of submitted documents for benefits. Performing office automation duties requiring different approaches and methods from one assignment to another.
35,624.00 - 57,368.00
Contact email: [email protected]
Updated - Peace Corps Non-Compete Eligibility Paperwork
Please send the location and Job Title on the email subject line. Thank You.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply