Humanitarian Business Development Operations Manager
About the organization
Global Communities is seeking a Humanitarian Assistance Business Development Operations Manager to join the Humanitarian Assistance (HA) team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The HA BD Operations Manager facilitates and manages the operations of the business development team by supervising staff, organizing team operations, coordinating process improvements and standardization, overseeing internal knowledge management, and coordinating resources with other departments.
1. Support unit's human resource management.
* Supervise up to four humanitarian business development staff at Officer and Specialist level.
* Track proposal and capture resources and help form proposal and capture teams.
* Develop and maintain contact with a roster of proposal consultants.
2. Train and mentor HA program and business development staff on completing supporting roles on proposal development.
* Orient new team members to the business development team's systems and procedures.
3. Support the HA business development team's internal knowledge management.
* Maintain the HA BD SharePoint site and other shared platforms and coordinates initiatives to improve platform organization and use.
* Develop and maintain commonly-used humanitarian BD tools and templates.
* Support initiatives to improve and use learning materials and proposal tools and templates.
4. Organize and facilitate team operations.
* Manage business development team use of Salesforce for pipeline tracking.
* Broad understanding of principles of international development.
* Expertise with USAID RFA and RFP proposal processes.
* Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and high level of organization and attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal and listening skills, including ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner.
* Ability to work in a cross-cultural, geographically-dispersed team environment.
* Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
* Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2JyYW5kLjk2NDE5LjU2ODFAZ2xvYmFsY29tbXVuaXRpZXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job