Human Subjects Research Project Manager- Digital Team
The Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC)
About the organization
The Seattle ERIC is a research center within the VA Puget Sound Health Care System that works to improve the health and health care of Veterans through epidemiologic research. We are part of the VA Cooperative Studies Program, a national VA research group of 12 epidemiology and clinical trial research centers.
• Implementing and managing content strategy for multiple VA research sites including internal SharePoint sites and public facing websites, such as
o Documenting operations processes so there’s clarity around the structure, purpose, boundaries, accountability, and workflows for each site
o Quality control through page audits and recommending changes based on results
o Thinking strategically about how content is produced and managed to promote efficiency
• Designing content in a way that makes complex research language and research-related processes easier to understand, such as
o Synthesizing human subjects research policies and research guidance information from multiple sources or breaking down that information into more manageable pieces
o Partnering with subject matter experts in Institutional Review Board (IRB), Research and Development (R&D), Privacy, Information Security, IT, and Data Management to create clear and accurate information
o Implementing internal style guides and following VA content principles
o Researching, confirming, and sourcing content ideas (often drawing on professional relationships with subject matter experts)
o Participating in team content reviews and providing critique based on plain language
o Writing using plain language concepts
• BA/BS or higher degree in a health-related or social sciences discipline required; Master’s level degree preferred
o If BA/BS, 5+ years of research-related experience required
o If higher degree, 3+ years of research-related experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience with federally-funded human subjects research and ability to show an understanding of its complexity
• Demonstrated empathetic, clear, and thoughtful communicator
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage projects
• Experience building internal systems that support attention to detail and quality control
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially SharePoint Online, Office365, and OneNote
• Confidence with web technology
• Understands the challenges of and skilled in problem solving technology issues within an environment that’s bound by regulatory restrictions
• Experience publishing material through a web platform or content management system
• Demonstrated curiosity and willingness to learn
Contact email: [email protected]
Candidates must be U.S. citizens. Education and experience will be evaluated by Human Resources to determine if the top candidate meets the criteria for GS-11, per the Office of Personnel Management General Schedule table at opm.gov.
The position is at VA Puget Sound in Seattle, however, remote work may be considered.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
Diversity enriches research and promotes the best healthcare. We are committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive environment for our Center. We encourage individuals whose backgrounds or interests align with this commitment, as well as individuals from all backgrounds that are underrepresented in research, to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job