Human Resources Associate, Managed Organizations
About the organization
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
A rising, early career professional who will provide benefits administration expertise to Arabella Advisors’ managed nonprofit organization clients.
The HR Associate is a member of a growing team of HR consultants at Arabella Advisors who provides expertise-based services to a suite of non-profit organizations with whom Arabella works.
- Provide exceptional daily service on benefits-related inquiries to client staff, communicating quickly, effectively and efficiently. Includes maintaining a strong working knowledge of relevant benefit plans and laws.
- Support content development associated with benefits resources, intranet and proactive communication efforts. Identify, champion and develop new resources as needs arise
- Manage execution of open enrollment(s) among client organizations, and associated benefits renewal processes and vendor relationships
- Primary point of contact for benefits vendor relationships, liaising with vendors and advocating for staff as necessary
- Manage processes and quality control associated with producing consistently accurate and timely benefits programs, including periodically auditing processes and data flow systems, and advising, informing and supporting execution of process improvements
- Manage the annual benefits calendar and associated annual and ad hoc projects, including managing project plans, stakeholders and timelines
- Support experimental benefits management services or prototype models as needed
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in HR, with exposure to benefits administration and open enrollment.
- Exposure to data administration. Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- Working knowledge of benefits plans, benefits-related policies and associated laws (FMLA, COBRA, state disability laws, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to manage high volume of tasks with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Deeply inclined towards accountability to timelines, service level agreements, metrics, and excellence.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to take a thoughtful approach to addressing challenges.
- Experience administering benefits systems, preferably working with Ultimate Software and/or PlanSource.
- Experience in professional services environment, PEO or similar highly desired.
- Experience in rapid growth environment preferred.
- Passion for philanthropy, nonprofits, or foundation operations.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field.
Contact email: [email protected]
While this full-time position must be based in one of Arabella's 5 offices, please note that due to COVID-19, all Arabella Advisors' offices are closed, and we remain a remote-first organization until further notice. We have a strong firm culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues.
When we reopen -- currently anticipated in late 2021 -- we will be returning to work with a hybrid workplace strategy to ensure continued flexibility for our staff, while deepening our strong culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. It is our expectation that once we reopen, Arabellans will generally work 2-4 days per week from the office and 2-4 days at home/remotely. We will make reasonable accommodations under the guidelines of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job