Human Resource Assistant
About the organization
Blue Ventures develops locally led approaches to marine management that benefit people and nature alike. By listening and responding to basic needs, we design our models to catalyse and sustain marine conservation, unlocking the potential of coastal communities to manage their resources. We work in places where the ocean is vital to local cultures and economies, and are committed to advancing the rights of small-scale fishers throughout the coastal tropics.
To fulfill its mission, Blue Ventures is looking for an enthusiastic person and experienced Human Resources Assistant to be part of the HR team. Reporting to the HR Manager, this is a full time role based in Blue Ventures’ Madagascar headquarters, in Antananarivo.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support for the HR department, assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties, and will assist the HR Manager with staff management, payroll processing, recruitment, record maintenance, and provide clerical support. The successful candidate will be a motivated, proactive and highly organised individual, with an
excellent knowledge of the employee relationships, visa process, staffing management, and payroll and benefits administration.
We are looking for an individual who is open to new ideas and embraces innovation, who can demonstrate experience of building effective working partnerships for conservation and/or development.
Relevant degree and/or experience, Experience in HR and payroll administration within a busy
and fast paced environment
- Organised, accurate, and able to monitor work for quality
- Excellent skills in communication of complex information to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Some knowledge of Labor Law and employment equity regulations
- Exposure to payroll practices
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Fluency in written and spoken Malagasy and French, good level in English
- Confident, strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to and work effectively with
individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures, at all levels
- Trustworthy, honest and with high respect of confidentiality
- Capacity to undertake research and development work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Google Apps, and social media tools (Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram and Google plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Degree in Human Resources (BAC+3)
- Previous human resources, and administrative support experience within an international
organisation/ NGO; Previous process improvement experience
- Experience of working and communicating with remote teams
Eligible to Madagascar nationals
Blue Ventures is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young and vulnerable people
and expects all members of staff to share this commitment.
Applicants should apply online via Blue Ventures website https://blueventures.org/about/careers/ by
21st December 2019
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and first-round interviews may be
conducted with short-listed candidates before the application deadline.
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job