Human Dimensions Research Coordinator
About the organization
Purdue University is the land grant university of Indiana. It is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Purdue Human Dimensions Lab is seeking a full-time Research Coordinator who can bring excellent project coordination, facilitation, communication, and leadership skills to our interdisciplinary teams. This position reports to Dr. Zhao Ma, the Director of the Human Dimensions Lab.
Specific responsibilities include:
• planning and managing project processes and milestones;
• developing relationships and coordinating with collaborators and stakeholders;
• working with Purdue data management professionals to establish and implement a data management procedure;
• contributing to the development of grant proposals;
• contribution to the publication of academic and non-academic products for a diverse audience;
• contributing to professional development of graduate students, post-doctoral research associates, and other members of the research lab;
• managing and coordinating undergraduate research assistants;
• managing daily operations and communication.
This Research Coordinator position is initially for one year, but renewable for a second year given satisfactory progress in the first year. The position will provide funds to cover relevant travel expenses to research sites and other appropriate research events. The selected Research Coordinator will also have opportunities for professional development on and off-campus. Preferred start date is October 1, 2019, but may be negotiated upon request.
• Master’s degree from an environmental social science, natural resource, conservation, or related program
• Experience conducting research and participating in team research with other social and natural scientists
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills in both English and Spanish
• Project management experience
• Preferred knowledge and skills: experience with STATA or another statistical software; experience with NVivo or another qualitative data analysis software; experience with data management
$35,000-$45,000 (commensurate with experience), plus benefits
Contact email: [email protected]
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a resume or CV, and contact information for three references to Dr. Zhao Ma ([email protected]) by August 26, 2019. Upon receiving each application, Dr. Zhao Ma will communicate with each applicant directly and provide them with a weblink through which a formal application should be submitted via Purdue University Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job