HS Spanish Teacher
Western Reserve Academy
About the organization
Founded in 1826, Western Reserve Academy is an independent, coed, boarding and day school for grades 9-12. Located in Hudson, Ohio, WRA provides students with a transformative, top-ranked, college preparatory education. WRA students are immersed in a supportive community where they gain a global perspective with classmates and teachers from all over the world, and have opportunities and encouragement for growth outside of the classroom.
Spanish Faculty 2021-2022
Western Reserve Academy, one of the nation’s premier boarding schools, invites experienced, dynamic and collaborative educators who are passionate about teaching Spanish. Candidates should have the ability to inspire students and colleagues and the willingness to participate fully in all that is associated with a vibrant boarding school community.
Duties & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate possesses most or all of the following qualifications:
● Minimum of five years experience teaching high school Spanish.
● Master’s degree in Spanish or a closely related field.
● Academic preparation to teach all levels of Spanish.
● Distinguished language skills and a willingness to teach in immersion.
● Enthusiasm to engage and lead teen learners in and out of the classroom.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work well with a team and independently.
● Experience in academic leadership.
● Willingness and desire to travel with students internationally.
● High degree of cultural competency and demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
● Willingness to develop connections and collaborate with other WRA academic departments, university language departments and/or industry leaders.
● Motivation to seek and provide cultural activities in and out of the classroom.
● Proficient in using technology to enhance learning in the classroom.
● Evidence of ongoing professional development in language and/or education.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job