HS Math Teacher (Stats)
Western Reserve Academy
About the organization
Founded in 1826, Western Reserve Academy is an independent, coed, boarding and day school for grades 9-12. Located in Hudson, Ohio, WRA provides students with a transformative, top-ranked, college preparatory education. WRA students are immersed in a supportive community where they gain a global perspective with classmates and teachers from all over the world, and have opportunities and encouragement for growth outside of the classroom.
Mathematics Faculty 2021-22
Western Reserve Academy, one of the nation’s premier boarding schools, invites experienced, dynamic and collaborative educators who are passionate about teaching mathematics. Candidates should have the ability to inspire students and colleagues and the willingness to participate fully in all that is associated with a vibrant boarding school community.
Duties & Responsibilities
WRA strives to find the right balance of duties and responsibilities for each faculty member. Typical expectations include:
● Teach four mathematics courses, levels to be determined by individual strengths and the needs of the department.
● Participate in
The ideal candidate possesses most or all of the following qualifications:
● Significant experience teaching high school mathematics.
● Master’s degree in mathematics or a closely related field.
● Enthusiasm to engage and lead teen learners in and out of the classroom.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work well with a team and independently.
● Willingness to develop connections with other WRA academic departments, university mathematics departments and/or industry leaders.
● Motivation to provide enrichment experiences for students, such as academic competitions and clubs.
● Evidence of professional development in mathematics and/or education.
● Proficient in using technology to enhance learning in the classroom.
● Evidence of curricular innovation
● Evidence of cross disciplinary teaching
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job