HR Specialist (Multiple Positions)
Global Talent Management (GTM) at Department of State
About the organization
The Department of State’s Global Talent Management Bureau is interested in recruiting Peace Corps staff and RPCVs with non-competitive eligibility, particularly those with HR skills in support of Peace Corps operations. In the past year this bureau has added several talented Peace Corps alum to its team.
We are looking to expand our team of HR professionals. If you are a candidate with non-competitive eligibility and are interested in being considered for current and future opportunities, please reach out to us. We will review your documentation and let you know when/if an opening matches your interests and skills. More information about job opportunities and what is needed to submit a package to express your interest is below, but we will be here to provide any additional information if needed. We hope you will consider exploring opportunities with GTM!
Who is eligible: Returned Peace Corps staff with experience in Human Resources work, with active non-competitive eligibility status.
Submission deadline: July 1, 2021
Candidates will be considered for portfolios including the major HR Duties and functions listed below:
· Providing HR customer service in the areas of staffing/recruitment, position management, performance evaluation, leave/benefits/workers compensations etc.
· Serving as a liaison between GTM hiring officials and service providers
· Processing recruitment requests
· Managing civil service and foreign service positions
· Tracking progress by using various HR applications
· Conducting bureau specific orientations for new employees
· Processing awards
· Coordinating position classification requests
How to submit Expression of Interest: Please send the package to Meigan Nachtrieb at [email protected]
A complete package should include:
• Short statement of interest describing your professional goals
• Resume, including three references with the full names, titles, email addresses and phone numbers of your current and/or past supervisors
• Current NCE letter
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job